There is a fundamental design difference between a regular website and a mobile website. On a mobile phone, there is a very limited amount of screen space. If you have ever had to side scroll to view something on a website, you realize how much of an inconvenience it is. This is magnified on a mobile device. Even with the ability to turn the device lengthwise, the resolution is still extremely small. When you open your website via Safari on your iPhone or the Internet Browser on your BlackBerry – you will see it actually completely disfigures your website!
What you would see would be one or several of the following –
- Broken Images
- Disjoint content blocks
- No continuity of content Flash Elements shown as blank spaces
- Dropdown menus not opening out
- Information not legible or too small
- Very Slow to download
Usually websites appear to be all jumbled up or are very difficult to navigate through, when accessed via a mobile phone or a smart phone. Try opening your existing website on your Blackberry, iPhone, Android, Nokia or any other mobile phone that you use. You will see that the experience of browsing your site is not the same, when viewed on a Desktop or a Laptop.
With the tremendous increase in the number of mobile phone users accessing the internet on their handhelds, it is important for the website owners to get a mobile version for their websites. VPP wants to share a few facts that will interest you!
- 1/5 of Americans access the mobile web each day
- 93% of U.S. adults own a cell phone
- Mobile web will overtake the desktop within 3 years
- $1.6 billion purchased from mobile devices in 2009
- 5% of the top 500 online retailers have a mobile website/iPhone app
- Mobile advertising spending will surpass $6.5 billion in 2012
- Users average 13 hours online per week, up from 7 in 2002
- There are an estimated 2 billion cell phones worldwide
We will be pleased to talk about your needs and prepare a proposal for your particular project.